It is no longer news that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex had their royal baby two days ago. Although it was planned to be a home birth at Frogmore Cottage but secretly travelled to the Portland Hospital in London for the birth.
But despite the intense interest, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been determined to keep the details of the arrival of the royal baby as private as possible.
And confusion reigned when a gushing Prince Harry revealed that he and his wife were now proud parents to a baby boy less than an hour after the palace said she was in labour.
It was also widely understood that Meghan had wanted to give birth at home but then late on Monday it broke that, in fact, Baby Sussex had been born at Portland Hospital in London.
It has emerged tonight how, on Sunday, the royal couple, and Meghan’s mum Doria, had travelled in secret from Windsor to the posh private hospital where the child was delivered.
The trio are said to have travelled in a two-car convoy, with only a handful of people informed, for the 40-minute journey into the capital.
Escorted by Scotland Yard, they were able to slip into the hospital unnoticed and then exit in the same manner, claims the Daily Mail.
Details on the birth are yet to emerge, for instance it is not known if Meghan was induced.
But we do know a “very healthy” boy was born weighing 7lbs 3oz at 5.26am.
Harry and Meghan are then claimed to have spent four hours at the hospital with their newborn child, before the prince is believed to have contacted aides to tell them the happy news.
The new parents and Doria then travelled back to Frogmore – where Harry is said to have got two hours kip.
Meanwhile, for reasons that still aren’t clear, the Palace released a statement that Meghan was in labour at 1.49pm – seven hours after the child was born.
Then, less than 30 minutes later, Harry went to the stables at Windsor Castle for a pre-arranged TV interview where he confirmed the birth of his son.
In the run up to the birth, it was the consensus that Meghan and Harry had wanted to have a home birth.
According to reports, this is still believed to be the case, however, with the mum-to-be overdue they are said to have started making other plans.
It is claimed that the pair had started speaking to medical staff at Portland – the site of multiple celebrity and royal births – as well as packing essentials.
Then on Sunday evening, they are thought to have been taken into central London but not under blue flashing lights for the birth to take place.
Meghan is understood to be feeling fine today. A royal source told the Mirror: “Meghan is doing really well.