Health

Awww….Man Mistook Superglue For Eyedrops And Squeezed Some Into His Eye

Awww….Man Mistook Superglue For Eyedrops And Squeezed Some Into His Eye

A man has mistakenly picked up a tube of eyedrops and squeezed fluid into his eye instead of superglue.

The rapid-acting glue quickly stuck his eyelids together, leaving him in agony.

The horrifying case surfaced this week as part of 15,000 case reports republished by the British Medical Journal.

In the 2010 case report, the man turned up at Oxford Eye hospital in severe pain, and the glue had to remove using fine forceps with a slit lamp for magnification.

It would have been far worse if the man hadn’t washed his eyes out with water immediately, the doctors noted.

The glue in question was a cyanoacrylate nail glue, similar to superglue – but sold in a bottle near-identical to eye drops.

The doctors write, ‘Inadvertent ocular cyanoacrylate, or ‘superglue’, instillation has been reported frequently since 1982 when superglue was repackaged into ophthalmic style dropper bottles.

metroUK

advertisehereladder

About the author

Omotunde Alata

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Advert Placement

Adverts

Advertisement

advertisehereladder